Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letter for Greg

Dear Greg,
I've never met you, but I am a friend of Carrie's and have been following
your progress with great concern. I can't believe what's happening to you!

I myself had surgery in February to remove a benign but nonetheless pesky
pituitary tumor. The surgery was serious although not as invasive as you
might think. Nonetheless I was out of work for a good month. During that
time I was absolutely showered with prayers and well-wishes from family and
friends, and I can't tell you what a difference that made to me. It lifted
my spirits tremendously and gave me great confidence knowing that I was part
of such a loving and supportive community. I received messages from people I
did not know well, and some from people I had never even met! I was so moved
by that experience in particular, and so struck by the abundance of love,
that I resolved to share it with anyone I could. So when Carrie put out the
call, I was eager to respond.

Hang in there, Greg! I am sure you are feeling like crap and can imagine
that you must be very tired right now. Maybe you are even so tired that you
feel like letting go, just for the rest. Don't do it! The human body and
spirit have tremendous capacity to heal. And you should know that there are
dozens of people lifting you up in light and prayer, all wanting to share
your burden. Your loved ones are so eager to chat with you again, tell you
the latest jokes and fill you in on the latest headlines. I'm sure you are
eager to visit with them again, to see your family, and I'm confident that
you can and will.

Also, you should know that spring is coming. I don't know if your New York
winter has been as bad as Chicago, but I know a lot of people are getting
discouraged as the miserable weather drags on, and obviously there's a
fierce flu going around (I had one myself). But outside the hospital window
the wind is starting to get warmer and the beer gardens are starting to itch
for people. Baseball is starting and the fish in backyard ponds are getting
ready to start swimming again. It's a time of year when things start to get
a little easier.

I asked my choir to pray for you tonight, and I sent Carrie's email to some
relatives whose church groups prayed for me while I was sick. We're all
pulling for you!

God bless you, dear. I'll look forward to some good news of you.

Best,
Angela Bowman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home