Wednesday, April 2, 2008

blessings

Dear Greg,

Carrie has been keeping me posted on your condition. My whole family here in Chicago and I are praying for you. Although I don't know you on a personal level that well, it's always been very clear to me what an important role you play in Carrie and Phil's life. I think about sitting around some couches in the back room at Soda w/you and Frankie, Carrie and Phil. Phil always seems to be so relaxed and happy when he's with you. And that always makes me smile. And hearing about fishing trips that you and Phil took in Maine, I understood something of the close bond you have with each other. I hear that Phil goes fishing weekly now out in Seattle and I know you want to make it out there to join him on one of those trips. Personally, i can't wait to visit them out there. I hear it's so beautiful. I know that you mean a lot to a lot of people. And Carrie and Phil are two people whose lives you enrich so much. That's the good life--enjoying time with family and friends. It's worth giving everything you have to fight to hold onto that. I know you can do it, Greg.

I'm sure this has been scary to go through. And you might be questioning right now why this happened. And the answer to this you might never know. But this ordeal has reminded me how very precious every life is. Your life is precious. You are precious. And you can't stop believing that. Believe in yourself, in Frankie, in Phil, in Carrie and in all those loved ones around you. And the universe will take care of you all.

You are not alone Greg. And you will not fight this fight alone. We are with you.

God bless you.
Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home