Get back here, Mr. Sewell!
Dear Greg,
It's Elise Vogel here. I'm pretty sure the last time I saw you was a
year and a half ago in the fall, I think; I was sitting on a bench in
the ball field at the corner of Houston and Sixth Avenue watching my
friends' kids run around after school; it was a lovely afternoon. You
were walking west along Houston and stopped and gave me a quizzical
look through the chain link fence and asked me what the hell I was
doing there.
So, now it's my turn: What the hell are you doing there?
Remember the margarita party we had in the office back at the old B&N
office? I brought the harvest gold Osterizer blender from the beach
house into the city; The Captain and I set up the bar on what would
one day be Leighton's desk; Mark Haggarty and Jamie Barnett made
appetizers called "Heavenly Mallets" -- marshmallows on toothpicks!
-- and we all drank and laughed and built a weird, wonderful family
out of the brilliant bunch of people that made up the early days of
bn.com. We all were so incredibly lucky to have been thrown together
in that weird little maze of carpeted cubicles! Now we all seem to
be gathered again -- here, for you, demanding that you get your butt
back to us so we can throw you party. All you have to do is show up!
I'll bring the blender.
Sure, you and I have been a long time out of touch, but I'm telling
you right now that we need you here. Please get better. I'll be
thinking of you and praying.
Love, Elise xo
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home